Addicted to coffee? Well, can’t blame you. All coffees are delicious.
Coffee is a great way to start the day and to brighten up your spirits when you’re feeling tired.
Night shifts, especially on a cold, calm evening, makes us desire to just stay in bed and sleep with nothing in mind. The quietness tempts you to go get a grab of coffee but break time isn’t arriving any sooner.
Thankfully, flavored lip balms exist. And, Yes! We’ll make a homemade coffee flavored one.
Applying for the next fix only takes 15 seconds that will surely help with moisturizing dryness on your lips.
How to Make a DIY Coffee Flavored Lip Balm
- Infusing coffee in Oil: 6-7 hours
- Lip Balm Making: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need for Making Caffeinated Lip Balm
- Stainless steel boiler
- Glass Jar
- Wooden Skewer/ Fork
- Clean Medicine Dropper
- Lip balm tube/ Container
- Coffee-Infused Coconut Oil
- ½ ounce (14 grams) Ground Coffee Beans
- 80 ml of Coconut Oil
Caffeinated Lip Balm
- 1 heaped tablespoon (0.75 oz / 21 g) of Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz / 14 g) of Coffee-infused Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz / 14 g) of Beeswax
- ½ tablespoon (0.2 oz / 7 g) Cocoa Butter
Here’s What You Should Do:
How to Make Coffee Infused Oil
- Fill ½ oz (14 grams) of Ground Coffee Beans in the jar and add the 80 ml Coconut oil. Wait for an hour.
- Pour the jar of oil and beans into the top pot of the double boiler with water on the lower pot.
- Turn on the heat from medium and after a while to low.
- Allow oil to infuse for up to 5-7 hours, depending on which you prefer.
- After, allow it to cool.
- Strain using a clean cloth or a wire mesh strainer.
- Pour into a clean jar for storage and is ready to use.
Preparing the Caffeinated Lip Balm
- Prepare all the ingredients and check if the weights are all correct
- Prepare your double boiler and place water in the lower half as the heat source. The upper half pot should be put on top, as you would put the ingredients here.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have a double boiler, an alternative is to put a glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Make sure the glass you’re using is heat resistant.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn it on a medium heat.
- First place the beeswax on the top pot. Allow it to slowly melt.
- Before the beeswax is fully melted, add the Coffee-infused Coconut Oil and Shea Butter. Stir slowly.
Pro Tip: Infuse the Coconut oil with Coffee hours before doing the procedures to avoid hassle.
- Right after, slowly add the Cocoa Butter. Stir slowly allowing all the ingredients to combine well.
- When the ingredients are all melted together. Lift the upper pot and transfer your concoction into a glass container.
- Grab your dropper and transfer the concoction into the balm tubes.
Pro Tip: Beeswax tends to harden quickly. Be sure to ready your containers and move a little faster to avoid remelting of the ingredients.
- Allow to sit and harden.
Note: If you do not like the consistency of the product you can always customize it.
—In cases that a soft consistency is preferred, lessen the Beeswax and add a small amount of shea butter.
—If a thicker consistency is desired, add more beeswax.
Carry a coffee anywhere you go with your new Coffee Flavored Lip Balm.
Let’s learn more. See you in the next one!